A 13 year old boy in Florida was arrested and charged with attempted aggravated kidnapping after allegedly trying to abduct two women in Indian River County in early July 2024. The boy's identity was withheld due to his age, but Indian River County Sheriff Eric Flowers held a press conference on July 10 to announce the arrest and share details of the case. The teenager was booked into a Fort Pierce juvenile detention facility and was not charged as an adult, though authorities noted he may have mental health issues.
According to Inside Edition and CBS12, the alleged incidents took place on the evenings of July 2 and July 7 in a golf community in the area. The boy reportedly carried a knife during both events. On July 7, he allegedly grabbed a woman from behind while she was standing on her porch and told her she was not going to make a sound and that she was coming with him. The woman fought back by biting and kicking until she broke free from his grip.
A Third Incident Comes to Light
After the arrest, authorities revealed that a third incident had been reported that was not previously known to investigators. On June 29, a woman was out walking her dog when she began feeling uneasy. She told police that someone had followed her home, and as soon as she got inside and shut the door, she heard banging. That incident was connected to the same suspect after the other two cases were made public.
The July 2 incident was described as comparable to the July 7 attack, though specific details were not as widely reported. The pattern of behavior across three separate incidents over a roughly two week period raised serious concerns about the boy's intentions and the safety of the community.
How He Was Caught
The 13 year old was arrested on July 10 after authorities released surveillance footage from the incidents and received four tips identifying the suspect. According to Sheriff Flowers, the boy partially admitted to being the person in the footage after seeing the surveillance video. The sheriff said the boy admitted somewhat that he was the guy who did this after viewing the tape.
According to CBS12, the boy described the events as if they were out of body experiences, suggesting a disconnect between his actions and his awareness of what he was doing. That characterization, combined with the mention of possible mental health issues, added complexity to a case that was already alarming given the suspect's young age.
Community Reaction
The case drew national attention because of the suspect's age and the violent nature of the alleged crimes. Attempted kidnapping with a weapon is a serious felony regardless of the perpetrator's age, and the fact that a 13 year old was allegedly targeting adult women in their own neighborhood shocked residents and people following the story online. Fox 35 Orlando, Inside Edition, and CBS12 all covered the arrest extensively. The case raised questions about juvenile justice, mental health intervention, and community safety in residential areas.









Don't Miss the Next Story
Join 1,000+ readers who get breaking stories, exclusive content, and live show access. Free forever.
Already a member? Log in
Comments